The Diocesan Schools’ Building Fund (DBF) was introduced in September 2000 in order to provide the contribution needed towards building and repair projects at our Voluntary Aided Schools. 50% of the Fund is provided by parishes regardless of whether or not they have access to a Catholic school; 50% of the Fund is provided by schools from donations from the parents of the children attending the school. In this way the whole diocesan Mass-going population and all parents of children in our schools, share the Bishop’s commitment to our Catholic schools.
As a voluntary aided school, we only receive 90% of the budget allocated to capital projects (such as building works, buying new computers and other projects which require a large expenditure). The onus is on the school to raise the other 10% and we do this through the DBF.
Subsequently, all parents are asked to support the DBF by voluntarily donating a small amount each year. This amounts to £60 per year, per family. The easiest way to go about this is to set up a standing order for just £5 per month, £15 per quarter or £60 annually. Further details can be obtained from the school office.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.