Vacancies and teacher training
We’re always keen to hear from teachers who might be interested in working at St Bede’s, even when we’re not advertising. When we do need to appoint a teacher, our adverts will appear here and/or on the Hampshire County Council website.
In order to apply for a position at the school, prospective candidates will need to fill in the following forms:
St Bede's Catholic Primary School
Teachers required for September 2020
Closing date:06/02/2020 at 12:00
St. Bede’s is a thriving, successful, popular and friendly Catholic School in Basingstoke with delightful children, a dynamic staff and supportive parents and governors. We are seeking to appoint two class teachers with effect from September 2020. We have two classes per year group, so you will be working closely with your colleagues.
Applications are welcomed and encouraged from experienced and newly qualified teachers.
We have some flexibility in the Key Stage that the successful candidate will be placed in, so should you have a preference please specify on your application.
At St. Bede’s we offer:
- A community with a strong Catholic ethos which welcomes everyone as equals
- Friendly, well-behaved children who are eager to learn
- Enthusiastic, diligent and dedicated staff
- Very good relationships with parents and the Parish family
- A supportive Governing Body
- The opportunity to develop your career
- For NQT’s, an excellent and proven package of induction in which you will be supported to become a great teacher
- For more experienced teachers, the opportunity to make a valued contribution to an ever-improving school, as we journey towards even greater things
We are seeking someone who is:
- Fully supportive of a Catholic vision of education, whether you are Catholic or not
- Inspirational, dedicated and effective in the classroom
- Enthusiastic, flexible and imaginative
- Eager to contribute to the life of the School and its community
- Hard-working, self-evaluative and wants to work as part of a team
- Looking to develop personally and professionally
- Able to laugh at life’s ups and downs
Visits to the School are warmly welcomed.
Please contact Colleen Mitchell in the school office to request further details, or to arrange a visit: firstname.lastname@example.org
We’re also keen to ‘grow our own’ teachers and have successfully supported many teachers through their training and into the early years in their careers. We work closely with the Primary Catholic Partnership (PCP) in Southampton, who can train both Catholic and non-Catholic teachers and usually have two or three students carrying out their teaching practices here, over the course of the year. The link below will take you to the PCP website:
We also work alongside the Catholic Teaching School in Aldershot. The link below will take you to their website:
If you’re interested in a career in teaching and would like to no more about how we can support, you please do contact the school and ask to speak with the head teacher.